Saturday, September 15, 2012

Keyth's Review of the movie, "The Words"

*Who Drew It Best?*
My illustrated response to the movie "The Words"



To view Allure's drawing please click below. Please leave your comments so we know who drew it best.

http://allurenotkeyth.blogspot.com/


My Review of the movie,  "The Words"
 
Be careful of how you use words because words can hurt. In some situations, words can ruin lives. In the movie “The Words’’ the audience witnesses just how powerful words can be. This movie is a classic movie within a movie. If done right, a movie within a movie can be as poetic as William Shakespeare’s Mid Summer’s Night Dream.

I went into this movie with some expectations because I heard it was engaging and worthwhile from my counterpart Allure. Ms Allure strongly suggested I see this movie so I could review it for our blogs. I am thrilled that she did; it is a great picture. It is definitely thought provoking. The movie haunted me a bit. I am a huge fan of subtle psychological thrillers. “The Words” was a fresh take on a familiar concept. To me, the best movies present the viewing audience with a believable scenario full of identifiable characters that are faced with ethical dilemmas. The movie, “The Words,” fulfills the previously mentioned parameters. I highly recommend this movie to anyone that enjoys a smart movie.

I will avoid telling you the details, because I prefer to watch a plot develop rather than read about it, and I will assume that you share my thoughts that this is the best way to enjoy a feature film. A brief synopsis of the storyline follows: this is a movie about writer who that is faced with a moral decision. Should he act ethically and throw away his future? Alternatively, should he act unethically and possibly throw away his future? You will see his decision if you decide to see the movie. Personally, I would opt to go with the ethically correct decision because, at the end of the day, the one place that is inescapable is one’s own mind.

The movie has a good message. The message I took away is that life is short, but it is up to us to choose how we live. When you read Allure’s review, it might appear that we watched different movies; however, we saw the same movie just from different perspectives. If you go see “The Words,” or if you have already seen it, please let us know who got it right by commenting on our respective blogs.
For Allure's review please click on the link below.

http://allurenotkeyth.blogspot.com/

Thank you for reading! Leave your comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Bradley is fine in the lead, but it’s Irons who steals this movie as soon as he has his 15 minutes of fame by the end. He’s easily the best thing about this movie and they sort of treat him like an old-joke. Nice review Keyth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing your input. It is good to have your perspective dtmmr.

    ReplyDelete